We hope you enjoy your experience with us, whether you got a tattoo, a piercing, or are having something removed, we want to make sure that you know how to take care of your tattoo, piercing or skin when you get home.
1. Leave your tattoo covering on for 2-3 hours because the new tattoo will continue to discharge fluids for a while after its been finished. It is normal for any excess ink to also leak out.
2. When you get home, give it a wash with non-scented, antibacterial and clean water. Gently pat dry and leave uncovered unless advised otherwise by your artist. After drying, smooth over a thin layer of Bepanthen.
3. Cover the tattoo with Cling Film overnight on the first day.
4. Next day, clean your tattoo with a non-scented, antibacterial soap to keep it clean and to avoid potential infection. After drying, smooth over a thin layer of Bepanthen.
5. Repeat this process for 2 to 3 times a day for up to 3 weeks or until the tattoo is healed. Don’t touch your tattoo unless you have clean hands!
6. First 2 weeks, AVOID wearing tight clothing that rub up against your tattoo, sunbathing, swimming, or soaking in the bath (showers are preferable) so you don’t affect the healing process.
7. Do NOT pick, peel or scratch.
8. Your tattoos will lighten up after they have fully healed. Use sunscreen when going outside, especially in the summer.
Download a PDF to keep, so that you know what to do when you get home.